Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236)
This course is for system administrators and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication.
Professionals holding this certification have continually helped their companies with successful deployments and migrations.
A Candidate is able to perform the following tasks :
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server.
- Create and manage different volume types.
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB.
- Explore geo-replication,
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift.
Hiring IT professionals who are certified as RedHat Storage Server allows many organizations to increase their ratio of servers to administrators, enabling them to be more cost effective in building out their infrastructures without needing to bring on additional resources.
Install Red Hat Storage Server.
- Basic configuration
Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Volume types
Understand different volume types.
Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
- ACLs and quotas
Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Extending volumes
Grow storage volumes online.
- IP failover
Configure IP failover using CTDB.
- Unified file and object storage
Configure Swift object access.
Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
This course is recommended for:
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Benefits to earning a Red Hat certification:
- Recognition in the industry
- Increased customer confidence
- Proof of knowledge and skills
- Certification verification tool for employers
- Use of the certification logo on business cards
- Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Access to Red Hat Certification Central website
- Download certification logo
- Purchase Red Hat certification gear
- Red Hat Certified Professionals forum
- Online profile listed under your certification number
- Red Hat Certified Professional job search
- Special offers on training and events
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Cloud Storage Exam (EX236)
The performance-based Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236) tests your ability to configure Red Hat Storage Server and clients.
A Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the ability to implement storage solutions using Red Hat Storage Server and to configure clients to use this storage. To earn this certificate, you must pass the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam.
- This exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks.
- The hands-on nature of this exam make real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- Exam results are emailed within 5 business days following the exam.
Length: 2 Hours
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service:
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their use of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform skills.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent skills are recommended.
Certification program requirements:
- There are no restrictions on eligibility to take this exam.
- All Red Hat Certificate of Expertise exams are performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how someone might perform those tasks.
- Real-world experience is the best preparation for this hands-on exam.
Red Hat Storage Server
Deploying scalable, flexible enterprise storage shouldn’t lock you in to high-cost proprietary solutions. Red Hat® Storage Server helps you manage the explosion of big, semistructured, and unstructured data growth while maintaining the storage performance, capacity, and availability you need to meet demanding enterprise storage requirements.
What is Red Hat Storage Server?
Red Hat Storage Server is an open, software-defined, scale-out storage platform that lets you easily manage unstructured data for physical, virtual, and cloud environments. By bringing together the foremost open source technologies, like GlusterFS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, Red Hat Storage Server gives you cost-effective and highly available storage without sacrificing scale or performance.
Red Hat Storage Server benefits
Lower costs: Manage exponential data growth at a fraction of the cost of other storage solutions.
Streamline information access: Whether deployed on-premise, in a public cloud, or in a hybrid cloud, Red Hat Storage Server eases access information and brings freedom of choice and the benefits of an innovative community to your enterprise.
Flexible deployment options: Instantly add more capacity, performance, or availability for data access and security by deploying the same storage solution across on-premise and cloud environments, depending on what makes sense for your business.
Red Hat Storage Server solves enterprise storage challenges
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data storage locations
- Nearline storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with petabyte-scale storage and high-read performance requirements
- High-performance storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil and gas exploration
- Centralized Storage-as-a-Service to enterprise applications
- Back-up target and archive for on-site or off-site data protection