100 Linux Questions Shared By Khirod Sahoo (RHCE)April 6, 2015
The following interview questions are provided by SOUMYA ADHIKARI, a Redhat Certified Engineer and Linux Server Hardening Enthusiast. He faced these questions in an interview for a Linux System Admin Job.
Thanks a lot on behalf of AEM for sharing theses questions…
1. Tell me something about Linux.
2. What is the difference between UNIX & Linux?
3. Explain the directory hierarchy of Linux.
4. How to publish a directory A/ and /Z through httpd (Selinux is Disabled)?
5. What are the global Writable directories in Linux?
6. Explain in brief with suitable examples & configuration Name based Virtual Hosting & IP Based Virtual hosting.
7. What is LAMP?
8. What are the suitable configurations should be made to publish a PHP website?
9. What is the process to install MySQL Server?
10. How to set root password & create a user? How to create a Database & How to create a table? (in respect to MySQL)
11 How to reset the root password in MySQL server?
12. How to set user privileges in MySQL ?
13. How to take backup of a database in MySQL ?
14. Explain the steps to take backup of Web Server Contents.
15. Explain different backup techniques of database.
16. How to take backup of MySQL databases using cron job .
17. How will you configure an https enabled website?
18. It was monitored that your server was sniffed. What are the steps you will take to secure your server?
19. Explain whether NFS is a protocol or filesystem.
20. Do you know some monitoring tools?
21. If you are appointed as a Vulnerability Assessment Consultant how will you assess Vulnerability of a Server?